How to edit a page
The number one rule of wiki editing, is to be bold. Dive in and make changes. Other people can correct mistakes later, so have confidence, and give it a try! There can be all kinds of editing conventions, rules, and philosophy governing the editing of wiki pages, but the "be bold" rule overrides these!
Here's the best and easiest way to get started:
Creating a page
1. Create an account at the top right hand corner of the page. Then go ahead and log in.
2. While you're logged in, click on "Submit an Article" (located on the left pane or on the main page)
3. Enter the name of the Article or Subject and click "Create"
4. This will take you to the editing tool, Click on "Rich Editor"
5. When the Rich Editor opens, you can type the information, upload a file etc.
6. Finally click "Save Page" at the bottom and you're done! Simple as that!
Editing a page
1. While logged in to your account, go to the article you want to edit.
2. Once there, click on the "Edit" button at the top right hand side of the page.
3. This will take you to the editing tool, Click on "Rich Editor"
4. When the Rich Editor opens, you can type the information, upload a file etc.
5. Finally click "Save Page" at the bottom and you're done!
Create your profile
1. At the top of the page, click on your username (eg. mine is "AndrePersad"), this will take you to your profile page
2. At the top, there is a tab called "edit", go ahead and click it, and enter any information about yourself, your experience, training etc.
3. Once finished, click "Save Page" at the bottom and you're done! Its as easy as that, you've created a profile and you can edit and change it as much as you like. Here is mine as an example - http://www.maritimewiki.org/wiki/User:AndrePersad (P.S. The story at the bottom is true!)